Daughters of Charity
Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Parish School is sponsored by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul. In 1633, Vincent de Paul, a humble French priest, and Louise de Marillac, a widow, established the Company of the Daughters of Charity as a group of women dedicated to serving the “poorest of the poor.” Prayer and community life were essential elements of their vocation of service.
Today, the Daughters of Charity are an international community of over 19,000 Catholic women who minister all over the world. The Daughters of Charity still serve the “poorest of the poor.” Their ministry touches those in need through education, health care, social and pastoral services.
One Daughter of Charity currently serves at Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Parish School. All Daughters of Charity who live in California are part of the Province of the West, which has ministries located in California, Utah, Alaska, New Mexico and Arizona.
To learn more about the Daughters of Charity Province of the West, please visit their website.
Thank you to the Daughters of Charity Province of the West for providing some of the above information.